Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Thing I Want To Make:

Here is a list of a few projects that I want to do this weekend.  I don't have work on Thursday or Friday, so I am going to try to do some DIY projects.  The first project that I am going to work on is finishing some letters I am making for my mom.  I made these for Ricky's sisters and mom Christmas before last and my mom loved them, so happy mothers day to her.

Here is what the finished project looks like (these are Katie's):

Supplies:
Wooden Letters from Michael's or JoAnn's
Yarn
Superglue

These are super simple to make.  You just wrap the yarn around the letters and put dots of superglue where needed.  The hardest part is the letters with holes, like p and e.  You have to push the yarn through the hole each time you try to make a loop.  This took me forever, but if you cut the yarn into smaller sections instead of trying to push a lot of yarn through, obviously it's easier.

The other project I want to do this weekend is a hanging organizer.  I saw this on my cousin's tumblr, These Renegades of Mine.  She posts super cool pictures, so you should go check out her tumblr.  The organizer has a super simple design, which I love.  As you can tell by looking at the picture, it is pretty self explanatory.  You just sew different shaped and colored/patterned fabrics onto a shower curtain.  I am going to make mine smaller than this one, because I don't have a huge amount of wall space to put it.  I am going to put it on my short, 4 foot, wall beside my desk.  Wish me luck!!

Supplies:
Shower Curtain (I'm using a canvas one)
Different Colored/Patterned Fabrics
Needles
Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment